What is a cookie?
A cookie is a harmless text file that is stored on your browser when you visit almost any website. The usefulness of the cookie is that the web is able to remember your visit next time you browse that page. Although many people do not know the cookies have been in use for 20 years, when the first browser for the World Wide Web.
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus or a Trojan, not a worm, or spam or spyware, or pop-up window opens.
What information stores a cookie?
Cookies do not often store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank account information, photographs, your identity card or personal information, etc. The data stored are technical, personal preferences, personalization of content, etc. The web server does not associate you as a person if your web browser. In fact, if you usually browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies exist?
- Technical cookies: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when you are navigating a human or an automated application, when an anonymous user navigates and one registered basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
- Cookies analysis: collect information on the type of navigation is performing, most used sections, products viewed, time slot of use, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: display advertising based on their navigation, their country of origin, language, etc.
What are their own and third-party cookies?
Party cookies are those generated by the page you’re visiting and third are generated by internal or external providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What if I turn off cookies?
To understand the scope may have to disable cookies we show some examples:
- You can not share content of this site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The web site will not adapt the content to their personal preferences, as often happens in the online stores.
- You can not access the personal area of the web, such as my own, or my profile or orders.
- Online stores: It will be impossible to make purchases online, will have to be telephone or by visiting the physical store if you have one.
- It will not be possible to customize their geographic preferences as time zone, currency or language.
- The website can not perform analytical web visitors and traffic on the web, making it difficult to be competitive anywhere.
- You can not write on the blog, you can not upload photos, post comments, evaluate or rate content. The web may not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- No advertising may show sectioned, reducing advertising revenue on the web.
Can I delete cookies?
Yes. Not only eliminate also block, general or particular to a specific domain. To remove cookies from a website should go to your browser settings and there you can find the associated domain in question and proceed to its elimination.